Friday, January 30, 2009

Attacking the 'To Read' pile

I finished Vikas Swarup’s ‘Q&A’ in less than 48 hours. But, it took two years and the success of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ for me to actually start reading a book I purchased nearly a lifetime ago.
I really enjoyed the book, as I knew I would when I picked up a totally unknown book by an equally unknown author based purely on gut feel. And yet, I had to virtually be forced to read it!
I am addicted - I can’t stop buying books. But if this doesn’t teach me to attack my ‘To Read’ pile from the bottom, nothing will.

Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Michelle Zheng said...

Wow,that's strange. This “addiction” is affecting me too. I normally look at the cover, open up a random page, and I buy it, purely on whim.

-Michelle

Natasha said...

Exciting, isn't it.
Strangely, the gut feel is often not wrong - if only you finally manage to get down to reading the book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails