Sunday, July 24, 2011

Moss

His were the first arms to hold me with love; his the eyes that gazed at me with affection enough to fill the Universe. His were the lips that kissed my face a million times. His were the shoulders I wept on, his the fingers that wiped away my tears. His was the hand that helped me climb mountains, his the heart that taught me I could do anything I set myself to do.
A rolling stone gathers no moss- my bedrock, he was always there for me. Whenever I see Moss, I can feel the presence of My Father.

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

More photographs, here.

17 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a beautiful tribute!

Chary Johnson said...

Lovely photos and great drabble to go with it!

Margot Kinberg said...

Natasha - Such a lovely tribute to your father. I am sure that he was and would continue to be immensely proud of the beautiful human being he helped to raise :-).

djskrimiblog said...

Well, I was going to say ´what a beautiful tribute´ - and why shouldn´t I.

Jemi Fraser said...

Great analogy - lovely :)

Stacy Gail said...

This was so beautiful, and so full of love. Thank you for sharing this.

LTM said...

GORGEOUS. I love it. Thanks for this~ :o) <3

sue said...

so gentle and tender. great photo! Sue

Stephen Tremp said...

Great tribute! I love moss, although it can be slippery when on a slope. Hanging moss on buildings is very cool too.

Jan Morrison said...

wonderful dear drabble.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Gorgeous photo and the drabble is sincere and lovely on its own.

Tina @ Life is Good
and I are joining forces in a followup A to Z challenge. We're going to visit and comment at each of the original A to Z participants, and we hope you'll join us!

Shannon @ The Warrior Muse

kmckendry said...

What beautiful thoughts! My dad has been a big influence in my life too!

Jess said...

What a wonderful post! Really pretty picture too :D

Manasi said...

Rayna, am coming back to your blog after ages and gosh did i miss your words... your words are like ambers of hot coal. when i hold them in my hands they burn my skin but also brighten my soul...

-Manasi

Deb said...

Gorgeous drabble. Your Dad would be proud.

GigglesandGuns said...

Beautiful visual and thought.

Marjorie said...

Beautiful photo and beautiful drabble. You always impress me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails