Friday, February 11, 2011

Veggie haven

"Plucked my brinjals and had katarika tohayal and pongal for breakfast", said a friend's status update. I was jealous. Not because I particularly like the tangy brinjal dish, but because my friend lives in an apartment like mine, and if he can grow his own veggies, why not me? I thought I did not have space for any more pots, but when I looked again, I realized I could perhaps pack them a little closer and squeeze in two more pots.

Maybe someday, this basket of veggies would have been grown on my window sill. Dreaming costs nothing, does it?

_____
A drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Diandra said...

Last year we had tiny tomatoes on our balcony. Only a handful, but they were the most "tomatoey" tomatoes ever! ^^

(I promise I'll stop making up words. Eventually.)

Margot Kinberg said...

Rayna - What a great example of both ingenuity and dreaming. I love it! Just a little innovation and flexibility and you could have your own little veggie garden.. how great. And the 'photo is luscious.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Grow, baby, grow!

Karen Walker said...

Growing veggies in an apartment. How ambitious is that? I have a black thumb - can't grow anything. YOu are lucky, Rayna.
Karen

Mary Vaughn said...

God bless you! The best I can grow in or out of the pot are weeds.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hopefully you have better luck - I have a yard and still can't grow anything.

ladyfi said...

Dreams are the stuff of life!

slommler said...

I am with Mary and Alex...having a hard time keeping flowers going let alone veggies! Good luck!
Hugs
SueAnn

Rayna M. Iyer said...

@ Diandra - but naturally, they were yours!
And please don't stop making up words- I love new words. Sufferable is the one I made up yesterday.

@ Margot - let's see how things go. I really do want a veggie garden.

@ Debra - thank you. I do hope they do.

@ Karen - I would love to try before deciding it can't be done. The humidity of Bombay is really good for plants.

@ Mary - and I love weeds. They are almost more fun than plants.

@ Alex - can't or don't? They are two different things. If you don't like to, why should you?

@ Fiona- they are, aren't they?

@ SueAnn- I can't grow flowers either. *sigh* Maybe I should stop dreaming veggie dreams.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails