Friday, October 24, 2008

Silence

[This was written some months back - just decided to share it today.]

Between us hangs Silence. He wants me to apologise - I will not.

He yelled at me yesterday. Perhaps he was justified. "You are luckier than you deserve," I'd said, "lucky that I had put it away." He can’t stand sarcasm, he says.

I needn’t have been sarcastic, I admit it. But he was wrong too. Not because he yelled, but because he did so after I found something he had misplaced two months back.

If you can’t stand sarcasm, say so, but do it before I have wasted precious minutes looking for something that should never have got lost.



______
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails