Thursday, April 4, 2013

D for ..... Destiny

This is a work of fiction and forms a part of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. I will attempt to write a new story based on the word for the day every day during the month of April.



I was turning off my laptop, when my boss called out. “I need something done. Can you stay back for an hour or two?”
I couldn’t. It was the last day of the Picasso Exhibition, and Disha and I were both looking forward to it. But Appraisals were coming up, and I really had no choice.

“Thank you so much for staying back”, my boss told me when I was done. “By the way, I have two passes for a private reception at the Picasso Exhibition. Would you be interested?”

I never really believed in Destiny, but sometimes I wonder.

______  

A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

5 comments:

Joe Richardson said...

Have you read W. Somerset Maugham's iteration of The Appointment In Sumarra?

Destiny, indeed!

Thanks for the great flash fiction--it was nicely done!

Best,
Joe
D: Dealing Deuces

Zainab Ummer Farook said...

I wonder too... Is everything pre-written or as it's said in The Alchemist, Maktub?

This is lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

This is the second post I have read today defining a drabble. I'd never heard the term before, but I think maybe the universe is trying to give me a hint.

Jen HaHA said...

Well done! I think I shall dabble in a drabble. Consider me inspired.

Come check out my A to Z! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

Anonymous said...

Natasha - What a wonderful way to show how some things just seem to be meant to happen. I love that 'photo, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails