Friday, November 25, 2011

Eight years back....


Eight years back, I held you in my arms for the first time. Pressed my lips against your soft cheeks. Stared at the perfection that was in my hands.
You took away my sleep. Cried so much, you made me feel like a failure for the first time in my life. But every time I looked at you, I marvelled at how anyone could have produced you.
I cheerfully submerged my identity into yours. Gave you my love, my time, my everything. You belong to me as much as I do to you.
Thank you, for making me a mother.

_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

6 comments:

Jan Morrison said...

oh what a heavenly post! Thank you Natasha. And happy birthday to your son and congratulations to you on the anniversary of becoming a mother. It is a grand tribe to belong to.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday to your son!

Chuck said...

A nice tribute to your son. He should have this framed and hung in his room!

Sueann said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your son! Happy Birthday sweet little man!
Hugs
SueAnn

LTM said...

LOVE! And what a perfect summation of how it feels. For me it was nine years ago, but when I tuck them both in to sleep together, I see both those little baby faces so well. It never changes. ((hugs)) to you, my friend~ :o) <3

Anonymous said...

Natasha - What a lovely, lovely tribute! And how blessed you are to have each other!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails