Saturday, December 22, 2012

There are decent people everywhere


The cab-driver who drove a few miles out of his way to return the phone I left behind in his cab. The man who bought a bottle of water for my son when he was carsick, and disappeared before I could even thank him. The shopkeeper who called me back and gave me the change I forgot to take. The people who went out of their way to help me when I had a nasty fall.

Why do we presume people are out to get us? If only we look for them and acknowledge them, there are decent people everywhere.

______
This photograph of the rear window of a cab was taken during one of my numerous rides across the city. All cab-drivers are presumed to be cheats, but this was one of the several who didn't try to to fleece me. The photograph, taken on my phone-camera in March forms a part of my Pictorial Flashback of 2012.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - That's such a good question! We are so ready to assume that someone means us harm aren't we? I've done that too, to my shame. Sometimes it's good to remember that a lot of people are, as Anne Frank wrote, 'really good inside.'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails