Monday, December 24, 2012

Even dusting!!!


“You son tells such wonderful stories”, my mother told me. “You should write them down.”
“I just don’t have the time”, I told her. “I am barely surviving. I cannot make time for something else.”
“It is not as though everything you do is essential”, she insisted. “You can cut down on something else, and do it.”

But that is exactly what I do. Cut out what is not essential. There are the things I need to do to survive. There are the things I do to retain my sanity. Everything else is unessential. Everything else I ignore. Even dusting!

______
There are many paths to Peace of Mind. Meditation is one of them, but that is not for everyone. What works for me is attaining Balance in my life. So far, so good. Taken in May at a monastery in Ladakh, this forms a part of my Pictorial Flashback of 2012.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Thank you for this holiday gift...an excuse to ignore dusting!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Natasha - We all have to make choices of what is important and what isn't. Dusting...isn't.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails