Friday, October 19, 2012

What you see....

I’d made some really good plum chutney the other day, and wanted to take a picture to post on a food group. I poured it into a pretty bowl, spread out a cloth that would compliment the colour, and started shooting. I took seven pictures- all were well composed, perfectly exposed and well lit, but none of them came close to capturing the colour and luminosity of the dish.
On an impulse, I decided to go against everything I have learnt, and shot against the light. The photograph was perfect.
Sometimes, the smallest shift in perspective, ends up changing everything.
“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” ― John Lubbock
______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate (in 100 words) on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

3 comments:

Chuck said...

I break all sorts of photography rules and many times get my best shots that way! Nice one Natasha...

Anonymous said...

Natasha - That really is stunning!! And if a little rule-breaking got you the shot you wanted, well, why not?

Sueann said...

So true!!
Hugs
SueAnn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails