Saturday, October 27, 2012

Beautiful blue flowers


When a neighbour shifted out of her apartment, she decided to abandon all her plants. I’d see their miserable faces everyday, but since I couldn’t image anyone leaving her plants to die, I presumed she had made other arrangements. By the time I realized she wasn’t going to claim them again, it was too late to save any of the plants. One, however, held on and with every last ounce of energy produced a bunch of pods.
I planted the seeds, without knowing if they would take root. They did. Now my balcony boasts of beautiful blue flowers every month.


“Take the time to plant seeds even if you're unsure if they'll grow; who knows, maybe all it takes is for someone else to come along and water it.”
― Kai Mann
______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

2 comments:

Sueann said...

How wonderful!!
They are gorgeous
Hugs

SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Oh, what a lovely 'photo!! And such a good decision to rescue what you could. Just goes to show that you can never know what will happen...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails