Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Don't wait


I was walking home with the kids, when one of them suddenly took off in the opposite direction. “Were you off chasing the dragonfly?’, I asked when he returned, eyes gleaming in delight. He nodded vigorously, then catching sight of the dragonfly took off again. “Are you sure you don’t want to join him too?”, I asked the other one. The words were barely out of my mouth, before he took off too.
I leaned against a pillar, and watched the kids running, jumping, giggling. There was a pile of work waiting for me, but moments like these don’t wait.
"The art of being happy lies in the power of 
extracting happiness from common things"

~ Henry Ward Beecher
___
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriMo. The Plan is to elaborate (in 100 words) on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - What a lovely reminder of the most important things in life. And they aren't the things we too often think they are. Your sons are fortunate to have a wonderful mother like you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails