Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Our point of view


“And why do you want to change schools?”, the Principal of the school I was seeking admission in asked me.
“We are quite happy with the school”, I replied honestly. “But now that our older one is moving to secondary school, we want a school that puts more emphasis on academic results.”
She smiled, hesitated a moment, then said, “I’ve interviewed many parents who have kids in the same school, and you are the first parent who hasn’t complained about the school.”
I am glad she appreciated our point of view. We have chosen the right school for our kids.

 “Values aren't buses... They're not supposed to get you anywhere. They're supposed to define who you are.”
― Jennifer Crusie

______
This is the fourth year that I am going to be a part of NaBloWriM. The Plan is to elaborate on a quote that touched my heart- let's see how far this takes me. If I can tie it in with the writing prompt, so much the better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I think you've chosen the right school too. Schools need to be flexible and open to different points of view. And children need and deserve to be challenged, so they can learn to appreciate what they are capable of doing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails