Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Not to take yourself too seriously



Everyone else was getting their hair done at a salon. But between meeting a deadline, feeding the kids, and keeping up with the daily chores, I had barely enough time to even wash my hair.
“You are looking fine”, my father-in-law assured me. “In any case, nobody is going to look at you.” He had a point, but I didn’t particularly want to be barred from entering the wedding venue either.
Then, inspiration struck. I piled my hair up, and held it back with a quirky flower clip. Strangely, it worked.
Sometimes, it pays not to take yourself too seriously.

______
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post. It's always good to remind yourself not to take yourself too seriously (I always forget that). Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails