Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chilli flavoured chocolate



It had been a very stressful day, and I wanted only for it to end, so I could crawl into bed and hope the next day would be better. Relief came sooner than I hoped. Finished my jobs early, and when the kids went to play, made myself a mug of decadent hot chocolate. Molten Chocolate, spiced with cinnamon and mint, garnished with chilli flakes. I settled myself on my most comfortable chair and opened the note my younger one gave me- “Love you”, it said. All was forgiven, all forgotten.
Love is chilli-flavoured chocolate. The oddest medley of tastes.

______
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

4 comments:

Shaharizan Perez said...

This is so heart-warming. Now I want hot chocolate! :D

*huggles kids*

Gutsy Living said...

Natasha,
I hope you remember me from a while back. I would like to e-mail you a question and don't have your e-mail address. Mine is sonia@soniamarsh.com. I hope to hear back from you as it relates to "Gutsy" people you might know where you live. Thanks so much. Sonia-GutsyWriter-GutsyLiving.

Sueann said...

That is so sweet....hot coco with a kick. Love it
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Good on you to take some time for yourself. We all need to find something like that that comforts us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails