Monday, February 25, 2013

It doesn't mean you quit

“Slow down”, my body screamed five weeks back. “I cannot keep up.”  But I refused to listen, and had my legs give way under me. I was lucky it was just my legs that gave way- nothing that fluids, salts and sugar couldn’t heal.
Yesterday, a man was not so lucky. He pushed himself, collapsed at the finish line and breathed his last in an ambulance.
Yes, it is good to push yourself, necessary even. But sometimes you have to listen to that voice in your head. Slowing down just means you are slowing down. It doesn’t mean you quit.
______
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

3 comments:

Shaharizan Perez said...

Wow, that is an incredibly sad story. My heart goes out to his family. I like your last two statements. They ring with absolute truth.

Excellent post!

Ella said...

Very sad! YOU are so right-we must listen to that little voice~

Anonymous said...

Natasha - I am so very sorry to hear about that death. You're absolutely right that we need to listen to that voice, and that slowing down doesn't mean quitting. The tortoise won the race, after all...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails