Friday, February 8, 2013

My spice rack



Thirty-seven. That’s the total number of bottles in my kitchen containing spices, herbs and assorted condiments. There are cinnamon sticks, powdered cinnamon, and a spice mix containing cinnamon. There is fresh oregano in a pot, dried oregano for pastas and oregano flakes to sprinkle on pizzas. There is nutmeg and fenugreek. Sesame seeds and nigella. And they are used fairly regularly.
 A year back, my spice rack contained just six powders- turmeric, chilli, cumin, coriander, dry mango, and mixed spices- and I never felt the need for anything else. It’s amazing how little time you require to develop a passion.

______
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

4 comments:

Summer Ross said...

Great drabble. and it is amazing how little time it takes. Thanks you for sharing.

Sueann said...

So true...it is fun..as our taste grows..so do the spices
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Oh, I like spices and herbs too. I don't have nearly as many as you do but they can make food sooooo memorably delicious! Each is unique.

Jayne said...

I'm still at the minimalist end with herbs and spices. One day when I have my own kitchen I might expand my repertoire!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails