Sunday, February 1, 2009

Would cows drink milk?

‘I am a cow, I like drinking milk’, declares my son while demanding his umpteenth glass.
Avoiding the gender aspects of how he could be a female of the bovine species, I ask if he ever seen a cow drinking milk. He hasn’t, but his acquaintance with four-legged herbivores is limited.
You got it wrong, I want to tell him. Cows produce milk, they don’t drink it.
But is that true? Unless she is unnaturally flexible or fixated on other’s breasts, she cannot drink milk unless offered to her.
Maybe she would like a strawberry milkshake in a tall glass?

_____
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

1 comment:

Michelle Zheng said...

Cute. :D

Ah, the good ol' days where kids are allowed to be blissfully ignorant. I still am, only now my mother gets mad at me.

I wonder if cows ever tried their own produce. It must be torture to have never tried milk but make it all the time...

-Michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails