Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Logic

“Mamma, can I shut this?”, asked the younger one with a winning smile. The lid of the box of baby-powder was screwed on tight, so I told him he could do so if he liked.

When, after fifteen minutes of unnatural silence, I went investigating, I found him coated in baby-powder, making patterns on the thick layer of baby-powder lying on the floor.

“I did not tell you to open the lid”, I thundered. “I only gave you permission to close it.”

“But unless I opened it, how could I close it?”, demanded my three year old.

Irrefutable logic that.
____
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails