Saturday, February 28, 2009

The splendid Ixora

 

Ixora was another of those flowering plants that I grew up with. We had a shurb right beside the driveway, and one of my favourite pastimes was swinging on the giant gates while sucking the nectar from the flower.
Soon after moving to Bombay, I spotted its familiar leaves in the nursery, and just had to buy the plant. Have been rewarded by many many many pink inflorescences. And the best thing about the plant is that when it flowers, the flowers are so abundant I don't mind when the kids pluck the flowers indiscriminately.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Michelle Zheng said...

They're beautiful! It's a shade of pink that is loved universally. : D

-Michelle Zheng

Natasha said...

It is a lovely shade, isn't it?
I normally do not like pink too much,but this shade is great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails