Monday, November 24, 2008

This Day, five years back - part one

A sleepless night with lingering contractions. Omelet and toast for breakfast, maternity bag deliberately left in the car.

Four centimeters dilated, no vacant rooms- the pre-labour ward is where I was put.

Three others in the ward- their entourages wondering why there was no one with me.

The others yelling, me silent. Any point yelling if there is nobody to hear?

Breathing through contractions, reading my book, fighting the pain, talking into my phone.

Lunch, tea, dinner- consumed in an instant. Brief walks, crippling back pain.

The night is the worst. The pain unbearable.




No sign yet of my Baby.


Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails