Monday, November 17, 2008

Teacher, teacher

“Where is K for Kangaroo?”
Idhar, here!”
“Very good. N for Nest?”
Pata nahin, I don’t know”
“Next to M for Mango. Show me, where is M for Mango.” “Yes, now show me N for Nest.” “Very good. Aap bahut smartie ho, you are such a smart kid!”
“Now, show me W for Watch?”
“Here.”
“Does that look like a watch to you? Show me W for Watch.”
“Very good. E for Elephant?”

Me teaching the alphabet to my kids? Not at all. That’s my almost five-year old with his younger brother.
How quickly they grow into their new roles!

_______
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails