Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One with the Universe

‘The Darkest Hour’, they call it. For once, ‘they’ are right.
The black sea blends into the horizon. The lights on the ship are turned off. I am alone on the deck.
Alone in the featureless void. One spark of consciousness in the darkness. The Universe centers around me.
The Universe! Grander, more majestic than our mind could ever comprehend. How small I am in comparison, how insignificant!
Yet, I comprehend the idea of the Universe. I am the Universe, the Universe is me.
I am Insignificant, Infinite.

Dawn breaks, the day begins. Tomorrow, I will commune with God again.



Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails