Sunday, December 20, 2009

Two Stars

[This is a work of fiction. All characters are imaginary, though any resemblence to people living or dead is purely intended.]

"I'm not coming to church," I said. "I don't believe in religions that divide."
"Religion doesn't divide," Grandma reasoned. "It is people who turn on other people. Religion is but their excuse."
"I'm not coming. There is so much communal hatred everywhere. I'm boycotting all organized religion."
Grandma shrugged. "You don't have to come in. Just take me to church and bring me back. Wait in the car if you wish."

Outside the church, was a Star of Bethlehem. Inscribed on it, an Aum, a Crescent, a Cross and a Dove. Religions can unite if they try.
I walked in.
________
This drabble features on the Advent Calendar at the Burrow. The Advent Calendar is an annual feature, where you get a drabble a day, everyday in the period leading upto Christmas.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails