Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reminders

My phone beeps every fifteen minutes reminding me of something I dare not forget.
‘no school bus today. pick up kids from school’
‘buy sports shoes for thing 2’
‘extra karate classes today’
‘call neighbor to fix play-date’
‘cornflakes running out’
‘think of costume for x-mas play’
‘mend tear on shorts’
‘buy thermal underwear’

‘iron school uniform’
‘iron school uniform’
‘iron school uniform’
That one set to repeat every hour till done.

I could remember things when I had a full-time job that paid me. Not so any more.

And people ask me when I intend going back to work.



_________________
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Child-rearing does that to you!

I thought you were working?

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

We have the full time job with no sick days or days off! :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Natasha said...

@ Fiona - yes, I am working full time in a job that pays me, but I was a full-time mother for three years, and am seeing my friends struggle even now

@ Elizabeth - precisely!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails