Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Girls aren't superheros








The kids were trying to decide trying to decide which superpower they wanted, and I joined in. “If I were a superhero...”, I began, but they cut me short.
“Girls aren’t superheros”, they informed me.
“Oh really? How about Elastic Girl, and Invisible Woman, and Black Widow, and Wonder Women?”
“They are the only ones. There are hundreds and thousands of boy superheros for every girl superhero”, they informed me.
They did exaggerate slightly, but male superheros definitely outnumber their female counterparts. I wonder why it is so. Could it be because every woman is required to be a superhero?
 ______  
A Drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

4 comments:

Saumya said...

Yes, women are already expected to be superheros! Great drabble :)

Anonymous said...

Natasha - Women are indeed expected to 'do it all' aren't we? I wonder if your sons have any idea of just how much of a superhero their mum is...

nutschell said...

Women are superheroes everyday. They just think it silly to wear capes and underwear over pants. :)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Unknown said...

Women end up becoming super-martyrs! Cool drabble.

--Damyanti, Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails