Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The most difficult job



My first grader got into a fight with one of his classmates.  They called each other names, threatened to hit each other, and finally my son threw the other child’s water-bottle out the window. After patiently hearing him out, I started telling him how he shouldn’t resort to violence, when he interrupted.
“But what about Anita”, he said, naming a fifth grader.
“What about her?”
“She scolded me and threw out my water-bottle. First scold her.”
He did have a point, but I was powerless to do anything.

Is there any job more difficult than that of being a parent?
 _____

drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natasha - No, there is no job more difficult, more frustrating, and more likely to make you second-guess yourself. But there is also no job more important, more rewarding and more nourishing to the soul.

LTM said...

Yes. Hardest hardest, and lately most stressful. I know you're doing a great job, though. And you love those little guys so much~ :o) <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails