Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pretty Stamens all in a Row


[This is a work of fiction, and any resemblance to people alive or dead is purely coincidental.]

She attracted men like a flower does bees. One flutter of her eyelashes, one hint of a smile, and she had them where she wanted them- at her feet. She had her group of ardent admirers. But that was not enough- she wanted to collect them all.

I could have killed her when she stole my man. She had so many, why did she want the only man who had ever cared for me?

Now she is dead. Someone's murdered her. I say good riddance. But, I am the detective assigned to her case. I need to find her killer.



_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.


In October 2010, the Burrow is presenting a collection of drabbles inspired by the colours of the Spectrum. Read this Yellow drabble and many, many more  exclusively at the Burrow.

15 comments:

Sueann said...

Well darn! Now I must know who did it? Gonna tell us?
Hugs
SueAnn

Kathryn Dyche said...

Love this.

Anonymous said...

Rayna - Oh, what a delicious Drabble!! What a nice twist you've included at the end. I want to know more! Please, please expand this into a longer story...

Mason Canyon said...

Oh, I sure agree with everyone else. Love this and definitely want MORE, MORE (PLEASE)!

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Laura Eno said...

Great drabble! It reads like the prologue to a story!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Great twist there, Rayna!

And rumor has it you are a Tart-Twin.

Unknown said...

That's a twist! Cool drabble, Rayna. You could be a mystery writer.

CD

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Rayna, what a teaser! This is gonna bug me. You are going to grow this story, aren't you

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds to me like the Detective done it! (in a classic Agatha Christie-like twist)

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it - now you just have to write the novel :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I agree with Jemi!

Kittie Howard said...

Margot's right. This is a delicious drabble. Can't wait to see what you write at Brenda's place.

Patricia Stoltey said...

You need to turn this one into a novel, Rayna.

Hart Johnson said...

Ha! Your inner tart is showing! Nice use of innuendo in your title *snort* And brilliant little story.

Natasha said...

@ SueAnn- if I knew, I could attempt to. But she hasn't told me much more of her story :-(

@ Kathyrin - thank you.

@ Margot- I could try to get her to tell me more, but I really have no idea if she will reveal much more.

@ Mason- I can think of dozens of people who would want to.

@ Laura- it could be, though I intended it to be stand alone.

@ Alex- thank you.

And yes, busted ;-)

@ Clarissa- I always wanted to be one, but plotting is something that is beyond me.

@ Mary- I can but try.

@ Debra- that would be a good one.

@ Jemi/ Diane- wish I could. Maybe I should make that my NaNo drabble project?

@ Kittie- what's that? Have I forgotten something?

@ Patricia- I wish I could. But something tells me I can't :-(

@ Hart- I knew you would get it!!! Inner tart? Surely not!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails