Sunday, October 17, 2010

Gotta Love a God .... who wears nail paint


[This is a work of fiction, and any resemblance to people alive or dead is purely coincidental.]

"Cool nail-paint", I gushed. Fake smile plastered on my face.
"If you insist."
"Don't be so grumpy. You have to admit it is a lovely shade of violet."
"It is not the colour I object to", growled Ganesha. "It is the indignity of being subject to wearing nail-paint in public."
"So you wouldn't mind if it were in the privacy of your bedroom?", I winked.
"Wait till I get my hands on you!"
"What are you waiting for?", I asked. "Just do it. I can see the headlines, "Ganesha Idol assaults woman in public'." 
He grinned. "Wouldn't that be something?" 
_____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.



In October 2010, the Burrow is presenting a collection of drabbles inspired by the colours of the Spectrum. Read this Violet/Indigo drabble and many, many more  exclusively at the Burrow.

16 comments:

Will Burke said...

When you're one of the main gods of one of the worlds largest populations, you can wear whatever the hell you want!

Not Hannah said...

Honestly, I want you to make this a novel.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

A god can where what he pleases! :) Love the photograph.

Anonymous said...

Love this tongue in cheek Drabble!

Mason Canyon said...

Always enjoy your Drabbles.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Anonymous said...

Rayna - Thanks for this terrific Drabble. What a great story, and I love the all-too-human point of view that you give Ganesha :-)

dipali said...

Poor Ganesha!!! Cool story:)

Unknown said...

I love your disclaimer: [This is a work of fiction, and any resemblance to people alive or dead is purely coincidental.]

Because to me it sounds like your talking about the cute elephant idol. *But don't worry, I won't say anything.*

;)

CD

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Clever, Rayna! And that would be something.

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome! Love the impish quality of the characters :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Touchy about that nail polish!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Next stop--beauty salon? This is great. :)

Al said...

Ganesha is so damn cute you have to love him anyway!

Natasha said...

@ Will- true. And he does stretch the limit of socially acceptable wear!

@ Heather - surely not. How on earth can anyone make this into a novel?

@ Elizabeth- he sure can. And thanks

@ Fiona - thank you

@ Mason- thank you

@ Margot- thank you. When I saw the nailpaint, I was smitten.

@ Dipali- maybe he likes it?

@ Clarissa- to be honest, my only conversations were with myself- should I or should I not run home to get my camera. The photographer in me won out.
The rest of it came later, and yes, it could well be me.

@ Alex- it would, wouldn't it?

@ Jemi- thank you. That's what I love most about Hindu gods- when properly handled, they are so approachable.

@ Diane- aren't you just?

@ Tricia- why not? Let's suggest that.

@ Al- I quite agree.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! I really can’t believe they applied nail paint on the idol! Sacrilegious!

Natasha said...

@ Gargi- to be honest, it looked rather cute. And if he doesn't object....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails