Saturday, January 24, 2009

My darling younger son...

You were always the self-contained one.
When you were in my tummy, I lavished affection on your brother who was going to have to grow up at 26 months. After you were born, I spent more time with him, so he would not feel you had usurped his place. He was always my baby, but you never seemed to mind. In fact, you seemed to revel in your independence.

Then one day, you wrapped your arms around me- I felt like I have never felt before. You often hug me now, and each hug feels as good as the last.

Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

2 comments:

Michelle Zheng said...

:D This puts a smile to my face.That's all.

-Michelle

Natasha said...

Thank you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails