Thursday, January 15, 2009

An Inheritance

A bucolic setting?



Not exactly. The plastic cow I placed in the pot several weeks back to keep it away from my younger one's mouth. Then a couple of days back when the same kid managed to spill a bottle of mustard seeds all over the kitchen floor, I decided to throw them into the pot instead of sweeping then into the dustbin just to see what happened. Surprisingly, they germinated, and look rather nice now.
Wonder if I am going to get 'sarson ke khet' in the tiny little pot kept on my kitchen window?

Took the picture on Pongal day, because it somehow seemed appropriate. I may be totally divorced from my 'landowner' roots, but I do seem to have inherited a green thumb from the grandmother I never really liked. But of all the things she could have left me, it is the thing I most value that she did.



3 comments:

Michelle Zheng said...

It does look nice... And adorable, to boot. :D

-Michelle

Bubbly Bala said...

That does look like a mustard field and a cow to boot. Other than seeta patti no one else in our family had green fingers. She would come home with what looked like dry twigs and plant them.Sure enough they always managed to sprout.A good gene to inherit from someone you didnt really like.

Natasha said...

They are taller now - perhaps it is time to take another picture!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails