Friday, October 31, 2008

Reunited - a drabble



Five years ago, my aunt-in-law had admired a jade plant of mine. “If you like it so much, you can have it”, I’d said.“Are you sure?”“Quite sure. I propagated it from a cutting for a friend, but she no longer seems to want it. You might as well have it.”
We moved soon after that. My jade plant moved with me. Got transplanted and stayed behind when I moved right back. Yesterday, visiting relatives, I saw a flourishing jade plant in the balcony. I barely recognized it as mine. It was nice being reunited after so many years.

______
Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails