Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dirt

“Do you have to play in dirt?”, I say. “Look at your clothes. Who is going to wash them, may I ask?”
“Mamma!”, says the younger one. Not yet three, he is old enough to answer questions; too young to understand sarcasm.
“I’ll take you to the mall. There is a sandpit there.”

“But I like this dirt”, he persists. “Try and see. You might like it too.”

That is my line. I cannot refuse.

The sand is cool to touch. Not rough at all. It feels great while slipping through your fingers.

Tomorrow, we are coming back for more.




Drabble (n) - an extremely short work exactly one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.



Posted by Picasa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails