Sunday, May 29, 2011

Very Van Gogh

[This is one of the first drabbles I wrote, and it was a part of the Cardiff Project of the Burrow.]

“Very Van Gogh”, John Wilson
 I could paint like that when I was a child — carefree strokes, bright colours, passion oozing out of every pore. Some of my lines went beyond the outlines, all the area was not always coloured, but you could tell how I felt from my paintings.
Then I got an Education. I was taught to see things the way the books said they should be seen. I learnt proportions and compositions. Was trained to reproduce lines, to break an image down.
Now they tell me I have to unlearn it all if I want to become great. Great like Van Gogh.
____
drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

3 comments:

Deb and Barbara said...

Pretty amazing for a first drabble. And the story itself? Sooo truuuuueeee! sigh.
B

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your first drabble and so amazing!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Ironic, isn't it? And great first drabble.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails