Friday, July 10, 2009

Purple day

Overcast morning. The kind of morning you want to spend in bed. The kind of morning that should develop into a day of eating pakodas and drinking chai. Not the kind of morning you want to go to office in.
A slightly depressing morning.

My five year old joined me in the kitchen. Toothpaste in his breath, sleep in his eyes. “Mamma look. Today is a Purple Day,” he said excitedly.

I looked out. Everything did look Purple. A cheery shade of purple.

It was a Purple Day. A very Purple Day. It was going to be a wonderful day.

.

3 comments:

dipali said...

Magic boys you have:)

Bubbly Bala said...

Rayan sure has inherited his mother's imagination. Did it turn out to
be a wonderful day.
How I wish I had a purple day. Even one that I can
cherish will do.

Natasha said...

@Dipali - I think so too *modest smile*

@Bala - the magic is in the words. It rained most terribly that day, 60% of the trains were canceled and the ones that were running were jam packed. It was a day I would normally have hated, but since I was looking at it through purple tinted glasses, I found the day quite wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails